Category: small business marketing
By Edison Guzman, 2017-09-15
As you may already know, I volunteer for many great organizations and sit on boards throughout the Hudson Valley.
Although, I'm not sure if you know about a program that I, and 9 other instructors teach for a great organization called SCORE. It's a 10 week course that I truly believe is Your "Step-by-step" blueprint for business success. Offering this course makes it possible to raise funds for our local SCORE Chapter and gives us the opportunity to really help start ups, entrepreneurs, and existing small business owners. 100% of the tuition goes directly to the Chapter, minus credit card fees, advertising expenses, and course material expenses of course.
Being in business yourself, you know that there are so many things to consider when you're in the trenches. For this reason, I've put together a few steps to consider to make life easier. (These are some of the topics we cover in our Entrepreneur Success Program
- Create Your Goals/Reasons for starting/being in business
- Market research to choose or confirm product or service
- Create Business Plan
- Choose the best legal entity for your needs and file accordingly
- Get EIN # for company
- Open bank and merchant account in order to accept credit cards
- Research license/permits necessary for business
- Location: Home based or office? If office, where?
- Find the right supplier/manufacturer/drop-shipper for product
- Hire employees/independent reps or outsource team
- Create organizational chart/responsibilities
- If partners, create partnership agreement
- Get proper insurance
- Create company policies
- Promote your business with the following:
- SEO / PPC / Email
- Referral program
- Print Media / Direct Mail
- Web Site / Radio / Cable
- Social Media / YouTube
- PR / Branding
- Joint Ventures / Affiliates
- Track all promotions
- Analyze conversions
- Adjust marketing based on conversions
- Database all existing & prospective clients
- Measure Customer LTV
- Research parallel markets
- Streamline operation
The above is the anatomy of a successful small business and it's truly a blueprint for starting and growing your own business.
If you're interested, I invite you to attend our upcoming 10 week course, so that we can help you create a masterful business plan that includes all of the above and more.
Please register now by going to OrangeNYESP.com, or to get the full course curriculum, see video testimonials, and get more details.
By Edison Guzman, 2017-09-14
Orange County SCORE Chapter #465 will give local entrepreneurs the opportunity to get answers to their business plan writing questions with its Entrepreneurial Success Program that starts on September 19, 2017 at 2713 Route 17M, New Hampton, NY 10958.
Speakers will cover a range of topics, including: Writing a complete business plan, promoting a business with social media, creating a marketing plan, and how to fund a business startup or business growth.
Featured at the presentation will be Edison Guzman of A&E Advertising and Web Design, Charlene Finerty of Plans and Profits, Greg Hogan of Curraba Insurance Agency, Eric Egeland of Capacity Business Consulting, Paul Campanella of Action Plus Project Management, and many other experts.
“Business funding is one of the most difficult problems that new and growing small business owners face,” says Orange County SCORE Chapter President Edison Guzman. “We put together the Entrepreneurial Success Program to help write the best business plan, whether or not they seek funding,” Mr. Guzman adds. The Entrepreneurial Success Program is the latest in a series of such courses held by Orange County SCORE to assist local business owners.
Previous seminars addressed how to handle employees, how to use social media to promote businesses, how to create a marketing plan, and choosing the right business insurance.
About SCORE: Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 10 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE’s 10,000+ volunteer business experts provide free and low-cost small business mentoring, workshops and education to 350,000+ clients in more than 300 chapters. In 2015, SCORE volunteers provided 2.2+million hours to help create over 45,000 jobs and 55,000 small businesses. For more information about starting a small business, call 1-845-237-2476 for the local SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE at www.ScoreBusinessAdvice.com to schedule a free confidential counseling session.
By Edison Guzman, 2017-09-02
If you want to start or GROW your business, this 10 week course will help you succeed. Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm to 9pm starting September 19, 2017.
Click here to register online for a one time-tuition of $297. ($399 after Sept 15)
Click here to take advantage of the 3 Pay Plan. ($99 today and 2 more monthly payments of $99 - $133/mo after Sept 15)
By Edison Guzman, 2017-06-09
Getting customers over the past few years has become easier and easier, yet small business owners still have a difficult time with it.
If you’re like most business owners, you’re constantly being solicited to buy into another way to advertise your business.
You may be one of the thousands of small business owners that get 13 robotic phone calls a day from someone telling you that they can get your business on the first page of Google. Call after call on a daily basis. It’s maddening.
If you’re a brick and mortar business, you may get unsolicited visits to your store by sales people from all sorts of publications, directories, social media managers, website creators, SEO services, etc.
The list of solicitations is too long to list here, but you know what I mean.
The problem is that small business owners, whether they have a physical location, or work out of their homes, live in what is called, an “Expensive Advertising Loop.”
What’s an “Expensive Advertising Loop?”
It’s called that because it goes something like this:
You respond to the calls and solicitations and pay for services rendered. Some of the services gets you results, yet some of them don’t. Since you’re constantly working in your business, you don’t take the time to see what is working and what isn’t, so you continue to spend. This creates an expensive advertising loop that gets you stuck where you are, with no hope for business growth.
In essence, you’re probably throwing away 60 to 70 percent of your advertising dollars. You just don’t know which part is not working. If you do know which part doesn’t work, you don’t know how to fix it, and instead of stopping, you throw more money at it. I call this insanity.
Does this sound like you?
If you are spending money on advertising and marketing, there are many ways to track your ads and sales, and many business owners are doing just that.
The problem, it seems, is that small business owners may not be tracking the right components of their advertising. They also don’t track and test properly.
Answer these questions, and see how well you’re tracking your results:
- What’s a good call response rate for newspaper/magazine advertising?
- What’s a good call rate for PPC advertising?
- What’s your break even on advertising campaigns?
- How do you calculate the LTV of your customer?
- Do you know how to calculate the best amount to pay for acquiring a customer?
- Is it possible to brand yourself and get customers at the same time? Or is it one or the other?
- What’s a good daily advertising budget for daily calls or visits to your business?
- Which social media platform gets you the best ROI for your business?
- How do you get Google to send you customer traffic and phone calls daily?
- What’s the best tool to use to get clients coming back or calling you for more business throughout the year?
When you can properly answer the questions above for your business, you’ll be two steps ahead of your competition.
I call this leverage.
The problem is that most business owners work within the “Advertising Expense Loop,” and never figure out the answers to any of these questions.
Small business owners, instead, choose to throw advertising dollars at many advertising services that simply are not adequate to get customers. The strategies may work for one type of business, but may not have the same universal results.
In other words, business owners see what their competitors are doing, so they do the same. Unfortunately, one business owner may be following a failing business owner, instead of following the leader. Better yet, the business owner should get more customers by creating a unique strategy specific to their needs.
There is only one way to be sure of the right strategy for any business. That is to take the time to sit down and get the answers to the 10 questions above.
The best way is to call an experienced professional and have them guide you through this process.
At HowToAttractCustomers.com, LLC, we’ve been using a newly updated tool designed to answer these 10, and many other questions about your business.
We call it the “Marketing Audit,” and it’s designed to create the most intelligent and profitable marketing plan for your specific needs.
Unlike a feasibility study where you’ll spend between $5,000 and $100,000, our unique Marketing Audit will reveal the best strategies for your business at a fraction of the cost.
If you are a small business owner and already have a marketing plan, the Marketing Audit will test and tweak it to ensure that it gives you maximum return.
If you don’t have a marketing plan at all, call us, and using the Marketing Audit, we will create one for you.
This is truly a new client getting system that small business owners now love, and we’re getting great results for businesses that are now implementing it.
Stop wasting money on ineffective advertising. Instead, let’s figure out the best message and marketing strategy you can implement to get as many customers as possible, at the lowest cost as possible.
It’s the only way you’ll grow revenue, increase profit margins, and decrease advertising expenses.
Call Edison Guzman at (845) 940-5369 today to schedule your one-on-one Marketing Audit.
By Edison Guzman, 2017-02-24
Sales funnels, when created properly, will do two main things:
1) Will generate leads
2) Increase sales
As a business owner, you can create a simple sales funnel that acquires a name and email address in order to solicit a sale at a later time, when your prospective customer is ready to make a purchase.
However, when done correctly, you can generate a lead, and a sale with a simple extra step.
Sales funnels can be used for:
- Generating leads
- Scheduling a consultation
- Selling a product (or products)
- Increasing the transaction of each purchase
- Increasing the frequency of purchases
- And much more
I’m sure you’ve noticed many different types of sales funnel systems being demonstrated throughout the internet. Some are basic, and some are way too advanced for the average small business owner.
The more popular systems for creating a decent leads sales funnel available can range from $99 per month to $999 per month. The most popular sales funnel systems range in the $199-$299 range, and less known funnel systems with bare bone features can cost about $29 per month.
So why are people paying so much for sales funnel systems?
In a word…sales!
Sales funnels generate more sales. It has been proven over and over again.
If you want to get in on the sales funnel craze, but don’t want to invest in a system just yet. Or you have already invested, but can’t grasp the concept behind the technology, you should take a look at a free product that put’s it all in perspective.
The free product is called the Sales Funnel Kit, and you can watch a video that explains what you’re getting. You can watch the video at http://courseversity.com/sales-funnel-kit
The kit is probably the most comprehensive way to understand how you can go about using a sales funnel for your business.
Go on and get the kit. You’ll also experience, first hand, how sales funnels work whether you end up buying something or not.
By Edison Guzman, 2016-11-09
Regardless of who you voted for on November 8th, at the end of the day, one of these will probably happen:
1. Trump does a lot of GOOD and actually helps the country.
2. Trump does a TERRIBLE job and makes things worse.
3. Trump does an OK job and things pretty much stay the same.
I know I've simplified it a bit, but one thing is perfectly clear...
Life is uncertain.
- We don't know what the next 4 years will bring for this country.
- We don't know what a new president will mean for our economy.
- We don't know how our local elected officials and ballot initiatives will mean for our schools, our neighborhoods, our taxes, our future.
But this much we do know:
Everyone woke up to a new world on Wednesday, and it feels like a major shift has taken place.
This is why I strongly believe that NOW more than ever, this is the #1 most important thing that you can do for yourself & your families...
You need to take charge of your financial future, because there are no guarantees what tomorrow may bring.
There are many ways to do this. My preferred way is business ownership.
When you own a business, and create a successful plan for growing it, your financial future is secured when implementing the plan properly.
There are many resources you can access in order to start a business, or better yet, grow your existing business.
9 local business owners and I will be volunteering to teach a 10 week course starting on January 31, 2017. The course is called the Entrepreneurial Success Program, and it's hosted by SCORE and the Goshen Chamber of Commerce.
You can get all the information about it by visiting the following link:
Whether you're starting a business, or growing your business, this 10 week/20 session/60 hour course will prepare you for an uncertain future.
Since all presenters are volunteers, we've already discounted the tuition to the lowest registration fee possible.
Now it's up to you. You owe it to yourself to create the best financial future regardless of who's in the White House.
Now is the best time to take charge of your life. Now is the time to register for this course. If you need more information about the course, go to www.OrangeNYESP.com. Classes meet Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm to 9pm in Goshen, NY. Tuition is only $399, but you can save over $100 when you register before January 20th.
Before registering, just know that seats are limited. Once all seats are sold out, registration will close, and can't get in.
When you go to the web site, take a look at all the video testimonials from past attendees. This is an experience that will prepare you for any uncertain financial future the next 4 years may bring.
The Boldest WebSite Design Offer Ever Made, That Will Attract Customers to Your Small Business 24/7/365
By Edison Guzman, 2016-10-20
Even small business owners who don’t need website design services, are taking me up on this offer.
I created this offer because I'm tired of hearing that small business owners aren't getting any sales due to the economy/the election/holidays/etc.
Look at the bonuses you're getting, then look at me in the eye and tell me that your businesses can't benefit from all the exposure.
Here’s everything you’ll get to drive more sales to your small business:
- Custom designed web site with your logo, images, videos, links, forms, etc.
- Responsive web design, so that it looks proper on desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Optimized for the search engines (especially Google) so that it ranks better and people can find you
- Royalty-free images to make your website pop.
- Social media integration so that people can easily share your site.
- Built on WordPress, the #1 content management system online, so that you can easily update it.
- eCommerce capable, if you need to sell online or accept credit card payments for invoices, etc.
- Lead capture form, so that you generate more sales.
- Accept payments on your web site through your merchant account, or we’ll help you get one.
- Training on updating your web site, so that you have total control, or we can update it for you.
- Add Google Analytics, so that you know who’s coming to your web site, when, and where they’re coming from.
- BONUS #1: We’ll create your company’s Facebook and Google+ pages if you don’t already have one. ($500 value)
- BONUS #2: We’ll give you 10 month’s worth of content for your social media pages. ($1,000 value)
- BONUS #3: We’ll create a blog for your site so that you can add content, any time you wish. ($495 value)
- BONUS #4: We’ll create search engine optimized content for your blog, for 10 full months. ($2990 value)
- BONUS #5: You’ll get 10 months of full access to my private membership site, “Million Dollar Customer Attraction System,” so that you can grow your business with the most profitable (proven) marketing strategies available today. ($990 value)
- BONUS #6: We’ll register your web site with over 50 local directories, so that you can get local leads and sales. ($995 value)
- BONUS #7: We’ll advertise your web site on hvBiz.com for 10 full months. ($1,490 value)
- BONUS #8: 10 months of free hosting and maintenance, then only $9.95 per month ($39.95/mo if you want hosting & maintenance) ($399.50 value)
- BONUS #9: We will research and find the best key phrases for your business, so that only interested people find your web site. ($995 value)
- BONUS #10: You will get 10 full months of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) services specifically for your business. ($9,950 value)
- BONUS #11: We will create a press release and submit it to the top online publications, so that you get maximum exposure for your product or service. ($259 value)
- BONUS #12: We will create and manage a 10 month email marketing campaign that will keep your product or service in front of your prospective customer, so that they can buy from you when they’re ready. ($495 value)
- Take up to 10 months to pay off the web site design fee.
You don’t have to worry about speaking to a non-english speaking designer because we do everything in-house. We also manage everything in-house, and we’re available Mondays through Fridays from 9am to 5pm.
In order to take advantage of this website design offer, simply click the Add to Cart button below and make a small deposit. This will add your project to our queue. We will then contact you within 1 business day to discuss your project. Once we’ve completed your web site and you are happy with it, the web site will go live for the world to access. The normal time frame is 4-6 weeks for project completion, and you can take up to six months to make the payments.
Get a custom designed website, 10 months of free hosting, free SEO services and $20,558.50 worth of BONUSES for only $9,995. (This offer expires midnight 12/31/16.)
Here is a sample of web sites we’ve designed.
- BMH Technologies
Ecommerce web sites:
- GmCoC.com (Greater Monroe Chamber of Commerce)
- bgwcc.org (Bloomingrove/Washingtonville Chamber of Commerce)
A&E Advertising and Web Design helps local Hudson Valley business owners, and concentrates in the following locations: Orange County NY, Rockland County NY, Sullivan County NY, Dutchess County NY, Ulster County NY, and Westchester County NY. We can help you with web site design, mobile web site design, web site maintenance, internet marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), graphic design, marketing, advertising and internet marketing workshops.